Saturday, February 23, 2019

Joshua Dwayne




It was morning of December 24, 2013 when my mother and I went to the hospital because I was already having labor. I thought I would be giving birth on the night of 24th but I didn’t. At 11 o’clock in the morning of December 25, the doctor came and conducted an IE. She told me I am about to give birth and so she instructed the nurse to bring me to the delivery room. They ruptured my bag of water and told me to push whenever I feel any pain and contraction. Unfortunately, I haven’t felt any pain but contractions.

More than an hour passed and still baby is not coming out no matter how I try to push. They keep on checking his fetal heart rate and he just keeps on getting weaker and weaker, so they decided to do an emergency c-section. I was then brought to the operating room.

The anesthesiologist injected anesthesia and in less than five minutes I fell asleep. I just woke up when I heard them screaming, “It’s a baby boy and looks like an American” (a line that made my husband smiled when I told him). I asked if I can see baby and one of the staff showed him to me then I went back to sleep again.

Turned out, the umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and his head is not in proper position that is why no matter how I push, he won’t come out. It just made him weaker and weaker. Our bundle of joy came out at 2:09 in the afternoon of December 25, 2013 and it is 12:09 in the morning, it just turned December 25 at Illinois too, where his father lives and waiting for the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

US Requiring visa applicants to provide social media details

social media details required for US visa applicants Who said visa is not needed to enter the United States? Those articles saying...