Monday, February 18, 2019

Kids Conversations





One of the joys of being a parent is having conversation with their little ones, every child especially ages three to five years old are inquisitive and say a lot of things which warms the heart of every parent and make them smile even in their most gloomy circumstances. The happiness children bring to their parents are immense and no one could replace such. I have read some posts of mothers about their kids’ conversations with other people which made me laugh or smile. They are too lovable. I have two kids, Joshua and Isabella who are five and four years old, they both differ in a lot of ways but just like any other kids they have said things that cracked me up or made me smile and some made me think and feel guilty

“I want to go inside that book”
While reading an old book of mine “The Alchemist”, my kids came and asked me to read  it to them and so I did…

It was difficult not to think about what he had left behind. The desert, with its endless monotony, put him to dreaming. The boy could still see the palm trees, the wells and the face of the woman he loved. He could see the Englishman at his experiments, and the camel driver who was a teacher without realizing it. Maybe the alchemist has never been in love, the boy thought.

Joshua: Mommy, what is an alchemist?
Isabella: Mommy, I want to go inside that book and see the desert and the palm tree. It is so beautiful, I want to see it.


“It is not funny
When Isabella was 3 years old, my nephew and niece babysat her, when they were about to eat they gave her rice with broth and vegetables, she looked at their plates and saw big slice of meat on their plates and in a very serious look, she asked them “where is the meat?”. Since the meat were big chunks and wasn’t that soft, they didn’t put some in her plate.

My nephew and niece looked at each other and laughed; again she looked at them sternly and said “it is not funny”.


“No, I don’t talk to strangers”
When Isabella was less than 2 years old, she would go to anyone she doesn’t know or haven’t met before which is frightening that is why when I have to bring them to my mother and stay with her since I have to work here in the city, I talked to her over and over never to talk to strangers. They stayed with my mom without me for almost 2 years.

She is still my sweet little girl but I am a little bit worried because my Isabella seems bashful around people, she wouldn’t answer people when they are talking to her and wouldn’t even give a smile, sometimes she would act like no one is talking to her which is actually embarrassing. I don’t know if she is bashful or just don't trust people easy.

There was a time, a group of people were saying “hi” to her and she told them right off “No, I don’t talk to strangers”.

I am trying to teach her that it is ok to talk to people, be polite when she is with me and won’t only talk to strangers when she is alone.


“No, I have mouth”
While they were watching Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2, Joshua is watching quietly, his eyes are stuck on the TV screen and his sister keeps on talking, asking a lot of questions.

Joshua: Bella! stop talking!
Isabella: No! I have mouth.




"I am smart"
Isabella: Joshua! I am smart
Me: Who told you? your teacher?
Isabella: No, me only.


“You work so hard”
When I was working on two jobs, one time Joshua stayed for few days with me and my niece babysat him. There were times, I work 3pm-11pm and be home before 12 midnight then next day will wake up early for my class and after class will go straight to the hospital and stay there before 12 midnight. I guess he was frustrated I didn’t have much time for him so he told me,”mommy, you work and work and work. You work so hard” and also told my niece, “mommy always come andgo”.


“Mommy I don’t want to laugh at you”
“Mommy, I don’t want to laugh at you”, my daughter exclaimed when I almost slipped as I was running after Megumi with the kids’ burger toy in her mouth, “but I am laughing at Megumi because she is running with the toy” she added.

I smiled and was thinking how sweet of her. If there is one thing I never liked, it is people laughing at me behind my back. I admire frank people, who would tell me right off if there is something wrong and won’t make an issue out of it. I don’t like anyone who is so nice in front of me or would just retreat in silence but behind my back they are laughing or be talking about you. Laughing at someone’s mistake and be a subject of humiliation that is one thing I can’t tolerate. It is never nice to laugh at someone behind their back and talk about their life.

I hope and pray my daughter will carry that kind of thinking when she grows up, never to laugh and humiliate someone because of failure, mistakes, or how they lead their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

US Requiring visa applicants to provide social media details

social media details required for US visa applicants Who said visa is not needed to enter the United States? Those articles saying...